We had a crazy awesome holy parade this morning!
Monthly Archives: July 2015
A Holy Parade – Family Worship Guide for 7/5/2015
I create the Family Worship Guide every week to help facilitate inter-generational worship at Faith Presbyterian Church in Greensboro, NC. You may use this content with attribution.
Family Worship Guide – Sunday, July 5, 2015
“A Holy Parade” – 2 Samuel 6
Parents, use this guide to help your young child remain engaged throughout the worship service.There are ways to explore and interact in the Family Worship Area at the front of the sanctuary. You may also use this guide in your pew.
We Gather in God’s Name – Worship Exploration
- Movement – While we are singing, take one of the ribbons at the front of the sanctuary and make it dance for God.
- White board– Today is about joy! Write or draw things that make you and God happy.
- Ark of the Covenant – Look at what was in God’s special box – the 10 commandments (law), a jar of manna (bread), and Aaron’s staff with flowers (something that saves). What would you put in God’s special box?
- Pray in Color – Color a mandala prayer to tell God how you feel. Use colors that make you happy if you feel good. Use colors that seem sad or angry if that is how you feel. Remember, you can feel both happy and sad at the same time!
We Proclaim God’s Word
- The Word with Children – Listen to Pastor Karen describe the big holy parade. David was so excited, he went crazy with joy! Can you go crazy with joy for God?
- Pew Project – Joy like David – Go to the parlor to decorate a riding toy for our holy parade. Think of how you can be just like David – super excited to be with God!
We Respond to God’s Word
- A Holy Parade – Join the holy parade around the sanctuary as we sing “Lord of the Dance.” This is a holy place, and it can be full of laughter, fun and joy. God is here!
- Communion –Take a piece of bread and dip it in the cup of grape juice (if you want). This is simple food, but it is delicious and holy. God feeds everyone at this table.
We Go in God’s name
- Charge and Benediction– You are a beloved child of God, and you always will be. Go in joy and peace.
Make sure to check out the Update pictures from our Holy Parade!